An orthopedic care coordinator is a specially trained, registered nurse who provides expert clinical assistance and support to patients who are receiving health care at AdventHealth. This confidential service is available free of charge to all orthopedic patients.
Our coordinators provide the following services tailored to your individual needs:
- Serves as the clinical liaison between you and your healthcare team
- Acts as a patient advocate through the surgical process and hospitalization (if applicable)
- Creates a customized care plan
- Provides education about your diagnosis and treatment options
- Provides referrals to appropriate care providers
- Assists with scheduling consults, tests and procedures