Tunc C. Kiymaz, MD
Non Operative Sports Medicine
† Member of Rothman Orthopaedics
Dr. Kiymaz is a board certified, fellowship trained physician specializing in Sports Medicine and PM and R (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation). He is passionate about providing patient-centered personalized care that takes into account each patient’s unique circumstances in order to maximize their function and quality of life. His areas of expertise include the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions in athletes and non-athletes alike. He has advanced musculoskeletal ultrasound training and offers non-operative treatment options including ultrasound-guided procedures, such as corticosteroid, hyaluronic acid viscosupplementation, and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections. He also performs electrodiagnostic (EMG)testing to aid in the diagnosis of various neuromusculoskeletal conditions.
Originally from Turkey, Dr. Kiymaz grew up mainly in Orlando and has been active in sports his entire life. He attended Winter Park High School and went on to play Division I tennis at Harvard University, graduating with Honors with a degree in biomedical engineering. He earned his medical degree from the Wake Forest School of Medicine, completed his internship at Wake Forest Baptist Health, his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation(PM and R) at Temple University Hospital/MossRehab, and his fellowship in Sports Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
His previous sports medicine experience includes mass event and team coverage at all levels, from high school to professional, including working with the Philadelphia 76ers (NBA), Philadelphia Flyers (NHL),Philadelphia Eagles (NFL), University of Pennsylvania athletics (NCAA Division I), and several high schools in the Philadelphia area.
Dr. Kiymaz is a member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine. He regularly presents his research at national conferences and has authored peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters.
Dr. Kiymaz enjoys spending time with family/friends, traveling the world, attending sporting events, and playing ice hockey and tennis.Request an Appointment
- Bachelor of Arts, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Doctor of Medicine, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- Internship, Wake Forest Baptist Health, Winston-Salem, NC
- Residency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Temple University Hospital/MossRehab, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Titles and Certifications:
- Board Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine